Uzhgorod: during a fire, two people were rescued, another 14 were evacuated (PHOTO)
At 13:00 on February 17th, the Rescue Service of Transcarpathia was reported about a fire in an apartment on Kanalna street in the regional center. Upon the arrival of rescue units, it was found out that an apartment on the 2nd floor of a 5-storey building was burning, and the fire had already begun to spread to the balcony on the floor above.
Also, there was a threat to the life and health of tenants of the upper floors, because through a strong smoke on the staircase they were not able to go outside and the smoke was gradually filling their appartments.
14 residents of the upper floors were evacuated to the fresh air. Two more citizens needed help of rescuers. To take out the people, who had already breathed plenty of carbon monoxide and could not get out on their own, the rescuers gave them respiratory protection devices.
At 13:50, this fire was localized, and at 14:38, it was completely eliminated. No one was killed or injured in the fire.
The fire destroyed a household inside the burning apartment.
The cause of the fire and the material damage caused are being established.
8 December 2017 21:13
3 December 2017 09:03