Transcarpathia traffic police warns: constant rainfall increases the risk of accidents
According to Transcarpathian Weather Office, on February 11-12, rainy weather with greater intensity at night is expected in the region. In this regard, Transcarpathian traffic police reminds drivers the rules of safe driving in the rain:
- The first and most important rule in bad weather and low visibility is to secure compliance with speed and distance limits.
- During the first few minutes after the beginning of the rain, be especially careful and cautious, do not to exceed speed, do not make sudden maneuvers and braking. During first minutes of the rain, the dirt on the road soaks, and the road becomes extremely slippery.
- If the rain is so heavy that you lose sight of the vehicle that is ahead of you, you have to stop driving.
- In the rain, especially at dusk, drivers and pedestrians are recommended to highlight themselves on the road to improve safety.
- Even in good weather, the headlights of oncoming vehicle prevents drivers from noticing a person on the road from far away, and during the rain, the visibility for drivers is reduced even more - at night, the light of headlights and traffic lights is reflected from a wet road. Pedestrians should consider this feature and do not go on the roadway suddenly.
Remember, severe weather conditions adversely affect the safety, increasing the risk of traffic accidents - Traffic Police Office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine in Transcarpathian region reported.
20 May 2018 21:09
8 May 2018 13:46