In Uzhgorod, the reconstruction of the school №3 continues (PHOTOS)
The delegation of the Czech Vysocina region headed by the head of the regional administration Zdenek Kadlec today visited the school №3 in Uzhgorod, where the roof overhaul and the renovation of the facade continues. The works are financed from the regional, municipal budgets and with the financial support of the Czech Vysocina. It is one of 14 investment projects that Transcarpathia implements jointly with the Czech Vysocina region. The facility was also visited by the administrator of the regional council executive staff Mykhailo Popovich, the head of the charity fund "Viza", Transcarpathian Regional Council deputy Volodymyr Chubirko.
The lion's share of work is expected to be completed by the beginning of the school year. Most of the roof is already laid, the overhaul of the main facade continues, the inscription on the school - Jubilejní škola Masarykova - has been restored. Overall, during the first Czechoslovak Republic, 100 such schools were built and the Uzhgorod school became the 100th. The school was built in 1932, funded by the Czechoslovak government as a public school where children of both Uzhgorod residents and Czech officials were learning. From 1935 to 1938 it was a high school named after TG Masaryk, which was popularly called "Masaryk's school." Students of the school study Russian, English and several other languages. Since the last year, they aslo have been studying Czech here.
The class for studying Czech language was opened here as part of the joint project of Transcarpathia and Vysocina regions. They have purchased multimedia equipment for the class and more.
The Czech partners positively assessed the quality of work performed and promised to continue to support the project.
20 May 2018 21:09
8 May 2018 13:46