Poroshenko signed a declaration of cooperation with the Association of Hungarian culture in Transcarpathia
The presidential candidate promised to protect and defend the rights of the Hungarian minority at the state level. In response, the head of the AHCT Vasyl Brenzovych assured that the Hungarian community in Transcarpathia supports Poroshenko for the President of Ukraine.
The declaration signing ceremony took place on Thursday, May 1, at the round table with representatives of the Association of Hungarian Culture of Transcarpathia, the correspondent of the Mukachevo.net informed.
The declaration states that the presidential candidate Poroshenko if elected will contribute to addressing the following issues:
1. Ensure language rights of national minorities, based on the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages.
2. As part of the administrative reform, ensure the rights and interests of ethnic minorities at the level of local communities.
3. Promote through local authorities in establishing separate units for management of schools with teaching in minority languages.
4. Facilitate the return of the property that was unlawfully seized from religious communities during the Soviet era.
5. Ensure parliamentary representation of Hungarians in Transcarpathia.
6. Rehabilitation of Hungarians who were victims of Stalin's repression.
18 July 2017 16:36
Дмитро Тужанський: угорській громаді Закарпаття потрібні гарантії їхніх прав та увага української влади як до повноцінних громадян
8 December 2017 21:13