Simplified procedure for Schengen visas issuance will cover 10 categories of Ukrainians
Holders of biometric service passports will be able to travel to Europe without visas. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs clarified the terms of the simplified procedure for issuance of Schengen visas for Ukrainians, approved on January 22 by the Committee on Foreign Affairs of the European Parliament.
The procedure covers 10 categories of Ukrainians. In addition, citizens of Ukraine - holders of service biometric passports - shall be completely exempt from the requirement to obtain Schengen visas.
The agreement provides, inter alia, the simplified procedure for issuance of visas to enter the EU member states to the following categories of citizens of Ukraine:
- Drivers conducting international passenger and cargo transportation to the territory of the Member States by vehicles registered in Ukraine;
- Journalists and members of the technical staff who will accompany them to perform their duties;
- Participants in official exchange programs organized by twin cities and other municipal units;
- Close relatives (spouse, children (including adopted ones), parents (including custodians) visiting citizens of Ukraine residing in the territory of the Member States or European Union citizens residing in the territory of Member State;
- Individuals who will be traveling for treatment purposes and their accompanying persons;
- Representatives of NGOs who will travel for educational training purposes, participation in seminars, conferences, including in the framework of exchange programs;
- Representatives of the professions participating in international exhibitions, conferences, symposia, seminars and other similar events held in the territory of the Member States;
- Representatives of religious communities;
- Participants in official EU programs of cross-border cooperation, such as the European Neighbourhood and Partnership;
- Citizens of Ukraine who live far from diplomatic missions and consular posts of the Member States in Ukraine.
4 February 2020 00:22