"We play to win," - the chief coach of the HC "Karpaty" Boris Petrovsky (PHOTOS)
Today in Kaunas, Lithuania, Uzhgorod handball club "Karpaty" will play the second match with the local "Zalgiris". For the Transcarpathian team, the game in the Cup of the European Handball Federation is crucial. To pass 1/16 final is is the main goal of our handball team. Before leaving for Lithuania, the head coach of the HC "Karpaty" (Uzhgorod) Boris Petrovsky gave an interview.
- Winning by 5 goals at home does not guarantee the victory over the "Zalgiris". Do you think that such handicap will be enough?
Boris Petrovsky: I do not like this question, but they always ask it. Better ask the bookies... I can say that no handicap in the first game guarantees the victory in the second one. Last year, we already had a bitter experience when at home we won by 9 goals and lost by 10 in the guest match. We are committed to win, period!
- What is the physical condition of players, are all healthy?
B.P: After the first game, some girls have minor injuries. Natalia Semal is rehabilitating, not all are 100% ready, but we're working on it. Due to objective reasons, young Darina Rusnak is not going to Lithuania - her travel passport is not ready, the other girls are ready to play.
- Over a thousand kilometers on the road is very tedious, will it affect the quality of the game?
B.P: The road is difficult: we will go by bus through Slovakia. All on equal terms. "Zalgiris" was riding here by the same route. We plan to have two training sessions there.
- Have you worked out the tactics for the game with the Lithuanian team?
B.P: We can not adjust to the opponent's style, we must impose our own tactics and game. "Zalgiris" is an athletic and fast team, we are lighter, but still fast. I think the game will be tough. But we play to win.
- Transcarpathia is waiting for you to win!
B.P: We'll do our best!
16 September 2016 10:54