Uzhgorod will see the works of its creator
October 10, in the exhibition hall of the Transcarpathian Hungarian Institute named after Ferenc Rákóczi II, the exhibition of works by Slovak architect Ludovit Oelschlaeger opened, the Mukachevo,net informed.
He was the author of many construction projects in Austria, Germany, Slovakia, Hungary and Transcarpathia. For Transcarpathians he is interesting because he designed the buildings of the Commerce Academy (1924), the "Prosvita", the orphanage in Mukachevo, and the Cinema "Shkala" (now "Peremoha"), the Jewish school and Public House in Uzhgorod (1926), the Public House in Vynogradiv and many others.
The curators of the exhibition, which was brought to Transcarpathia from Slovakia, architects Peyter Pastor and Adriana Priatkova acquainted visitors with the biography of the artist, talked about the creation of the exhibition. And it is the result of a long labor. In particular, the researcher Adriana Priatkova for several years was researching architectural monuments belonging to the heritage of Ludovit Oelschlaeger. They wrote a monograph, which features 70 major works of the architect, with photos and drawings.
The researcher from Kosice University of Technology says that the legacy of Oelschlaeger is still not researched completely. It remains unknown exactly how many buildings the master designed in the Carpathian Ruthenia. So there is hope of finding his sketches and information about projects in the State Archives of Transcarpathian region, which has a branch in Beregovo.
The exhibition of Ludovit Oelschlaeger's works will also visit Mukachevo and Uzhgorod. The display of the mobile exhibition was made possible with the assistance of the Consulates of Slovakia and Hungary in Uzhgorod.
Дмитро Тужанський: угорській громаді Закарпаття потрібні гарантії їхніх прав та увага української влади як до повноцінних громадян
8 December 2017 21:13