"The History of Uzhgorod Gymnasium" has been published
The book was published with the assistance of the deputy of Ukraine Vasyl Kovacs, who has traditionally supported research on the history, culture and education in Transcarpathia.
The presentation of the monograph took place recently in the Transcarpathian Institute of Postgraduate Education. The authors of the study are the Professor of Management and Innovation Development of Education Vasyl Khymynets and the deputy director on research and international activities of the TIPE Mykhailo Basarab.
Historical sources say that on November 23, 1613, on the initiative of the chief zupan of Ung and Zemplén counties Count Georgius Drugeth de Homonna, the Collegium "For the glory of God and the good of Holy Church" was founded in Humenne (now Eastern Slovakia). In 1640 the institution was moved to Uzhgorod.
As noted at the meeting, the publication presents a bigger picture of education development in our region using facts and events so that the reader can feel the flow of progress through the development of education.
The conclusion that every reader will make: we have long been in Europe, we are united by democracy and humanism in culture, our history of education was inspired by ideas and achievements of European thought. This publication opens up possibilities for future research in the field of culture and education in Transcarpathia. The monograph on the gymnasium in Uzhgorod is invaluable material for historic study, for the formation of a patriotic teacher, students, spiritual enrichment of our countrymen.