All night it was raining in Transcarpathia. The snow is melting rapidly, rivers are rising
Yesterday in the region there were precipitations (9-35 mm), mostly in the form of rain, in the highlands - of sleet. On the rivers, the increase in water levels by 0.2-0.9 m was recorded, downstream the Borzhava and on the Stara river - by 1.2-1.8 m. At 8 o'clock, the maximum levels were reached upstream the rivers, and in the western and central part they are going down.
During March 30-31 in the Transcarpathian region more rains are expected, and on March 31 in mountain areas - increasing air temperature to 4-7 ° C and increase of snowmelt intensity.
March 30 - April 1 on the region's rivers the wave of the spring flood will continue forming, the water will rise (above the level as of 30.03, 8 o'clock):
- in the upper reaches of the rivers, and on the Upper Tisa - 0.3-0.7 m;
- on the Tisa, the stretch between V.Bychkiv and Khust - 1.5 - 2.0 m;
- on the Tisa - the town of Vylok 2.5-3.0 m;
- downstream the Borzhava - 0.8-1.4 m, the water will reach the floodplain, possible flooding of farmland in the villages of Zarichchya, Kamianske and Komiaty.
- downstream the Latorytsya 1.2-1.5 m, prolonged retention of significant layer of water on the floodplain between dams;
- downstream the Uzh 0.8-1.2 m
As the current synoptic situation changes, hydrological forecasts will be updated.
20 May 2018 21:09
8 May 2018 13:46