Cases when you may not be allowed to go abroad
During the summer holidays many Ukrainians travel abroad. However, even a small debt can ruin the planned vacation, The Obozrevztel warns.
The main reasons for not allowing a person to go abroad are listed in Art. 6 of the Law "On the Procedure for Exit from Ukraine and Entry to Ukraine by Citizens of Ukraine":
- Familiarity with information containing state secrets;
- Debts to pay child support, or other contractual commitments;
- Criminal proceedings;
- Conviction of a crime;
- Failure to fulfill the obligations imposed on you by a judgment;
- False information given to public authorities;
- Draft for military service;
- Filing a civil suit in court;
- Recognition of a person as a recidivist by a court or being under the administrative supervision of the police.
According to Deputy Director of the Executive Service of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine Oleksiy Solomko, the minimum amount of debt which can prevent a person from going abroad is 17 UAH. In addition, debtors often do not even realize that the court issued a temporary ban on travel abroad.
In fact, if a person refuses to pay the debt, he or she can be prohibited to visit other countries only by court decision in the manner prescribed by Art. 377 of the Code of Civil Procedure.
It is clear that these rules are not always respected in practice. Therefore, before flying or traveling abroad it is better to contact the State Border Service through making an appeal by completing the form at www.pvu.gov.ua and send it along with photocopies of a passport at Kyiv, Volodymyrska str., 30. The answer will come in 15-30 days.