Another 9 categories of citizens shall be elligible to the simplified EU visa issuance procedure
In addition to the 14 categories, specified in the previous Agreement, another 9 categories of Ukrainian citizens shall be eligible for exemptions and benefits of the "enhanced" Agreement on the simplified visa issuance procedure.
In particular, the "Mission of Ukraine to the EU" informs, from now on visas shall be issued under the simplified procedure to:
1) drivers providing transportation services to the territories of the Member States (based on a written request from the National association of carriers of Ukraine);
2) journalists and technical staff members who accompany them to perform their duties (based on a document certifying that the person concerned is a qualified journalist and that the purpose of the journey is to carry out journalistic work, or that the person is a member of technical staff accompanying a journalist);
3) participants in official exchange programs organized by sister cities and other municipal units (based on the written request of the head of administration (mayor) of such cities or other municipal units);
4) close relatives - one of the spouses, children (including adopted), parents visiting citizens of Ukraine legally residing in the territory of the Member States or EU citizens residing in the territory of the Member State (on the basis of a written request from the host person);
5) persons who travel with the purpose of medical treatment and accompanying persons (based on an official document of the medical institution and proof of sufficient financial resources);
6) representatives of NGOs who travel with the purpose of educational training, participation in seminars, conferences, including those in the framework of exchange programs (based on the request from the host organization, a confirmation that the person is a representative of the NGO, etc.);
7) participants in international exhibitions, conferences, symposia, seminars and similar events held in the territory of the Member States (on the basis of a written request from the host organization);
8) representatives of religious communities (based on the written request of the religious community);
9) participants in official EU programs of cross-border cooperation, such as the European Neighbourhood and Partnership Instrument (based on request from the host organization).
Source: Ukrainska Pravda
20 May 2018 21:09
8 May 2018 13:46