Uzhgorod for the EU: latest events 11.12.13 (PHOTOS)
Given the events of the night in Kyiv, a "mobilization" was declared in Transcarpathia.
Activists urge countrymen to go to Kyiv and help make a difference for the sake of people. Uzhgorod residents who stay at home are also asked to contribute - either by donating or by going to rallies.
Yesterday in the morning, not many people gathered at the Uzhgorod rally, but after the general meeting on Teatralna Sq., protesters went to call on residents and students to join the strike.
Approximately 50 students of UzhNU marched to support protesters, students of the Kyiv Theological Academy also joined them.
Later, at the main Euromaidan of the region, there was a Popular Assembly and the flash mob, where they burnt the PR symbols.
After that, there was the round table, where they were supposed to meet with the rector of Uzhgorod National University Fedir Vashchuk. But he did not show up.
Representatives of the strike committee talked to the picture of the rector and several vice rectors. Jointly they adopted several demands:
1. To condemn the actions of officials who gave the criminal orders to beat protesters on Maidan Nezalezhnosti.
2. To formulate clear demands regarding the annex to the Order "On ensuring the constitutional rights" dd. 02.12.2013.
3. To publish on the official website of Uzhgorod National University the list of members of the Academic Council of the University.
4. To conduct outreach activities on constitutional rights and duties among persons enrolled in higher education institutions and bodies of the student government.
5. To oblige management and responsible staff officers of UzhNU to post on the official website all legal and official documents that must be available to public under applicable law.
Recall that on that day, the second car rally in support of Euromaidan took place in Uzhgorod.
All the cars were decorated with yellow and blue flags and ribbons. There were fifty of them. They drove on main streets of the city and with horn signals called countrymen for decisive actions, in particular, if possible, to go to Kyiv.
Celebrations in honor of the anniversary of the proclamation of Carpathian Ukraine will be held without party symbols and slogans
13 March 2018 14:57
20 May 2018 21:09
8 May 2018 13:46