Rules for survival in the mountain passes
Given the weather forecast, the head of the Office of the State Emergencies Service in Transcarpathian region Miroslav Shcherbey urges drivers to be cautious and careful while driving a vehicle, the site of the Office of the State Emergencies Service in Transcarpathian region reported.
If you need to drive to the passes, you should remember the basic rules:
- Prepare the vehicle, namely replace car tires according to the season;
- Always have in the car a snow shovel, a rope, a thermos of hot tea, a charged cell phone, warm clothes and an ample supply of fuel to be able to stay warm if stuck in a snow drift;
- When driving through the passes, be sure to equip the wheels of the car with anti-sliding chains.
On slippery road:
- Do not brake sharply, make sudden maneuvers, drive at high speed;
- Overtaking should be avoided;
- Be especially careful when driving on bridges and overpasses;
- Remember that under conditions of poor visibility, pedestrians can not see the road well and while crossing slippery roads they may slip and fall, so approaching to pedestrian crossings, reduce speed to a minimum.
20 May 2018 21:09
8 May 2018 13:46