Officers of the State Emergencies Service rescued a 78-year-old woman, who burnt a dinner

3 August 2013 09:58  2542331 043047
Officers of the State Emergencies Service rescued a 78-year-old woman, who burnt a dinner

August 1, at 19:50, the rescue service received a report on fire in a flat of a five-storey apartment building in Navoi alley in the regional center. A resident of a nearby apartment told rescuers that the smoke was coming out of her neighbor's kitchen window.

Officers of the 14th State Fire and Rescue Unit led by Robert Paush rushed inside the house. Because of the strong smoke, rescuers had to work in special apparatuses for respiratory protection.

In one of the rooms, rescuers found the 78-year-old owner and brought her into the fresh air, where paramedics were waiting for her. Fortunately, the victim had not yet breathed in too much carbon dioxide. After receiving first aid she refused from further hospitalization.

As it was later found out, the smoke arose as a result of burnt food that the old lady was cooking on the stove. 

Source: The Office of the State Emergencies Service of Ukraine in Transcarpathian region

Read also

In Transcarpathia rescuers extinguished forest fires
In Transcarpathia rescuers extinguished forest fires
3443019 043741
11 August 2013 13:23
In Rakhiv a man was killed in fire
In Rakhiv a man was killed in fire
1524725 025276
19 November 2012 12:28

Post comment

Users posting offensive comments as to other participants of discussion will be banned by moderator without prior warning or explanation. The information related to these users may be provided to law enforcement authorities upon relevant request.Links and advertising messages are prohibited in the comments!

No comments
]]>