Ukraine and Transcarpathia for the first time take part in the Days of European cooperation
Day of European Cooperation will be held on September 21, 2012 and will be celebrated throughout Europe and in the neighboring countries for the first time. Events will begin on September 17 and will last more than a week. The purpose of the campaign, which is held under the slogan "Common border - borders unite", is celebrating the achievements of cooperation between European regions and neighboring countries.
Projects funded under the Programme ENPI CBC Hungary-Slovakia-Romania-Ukraine 2007-2013 plan to organize interactive open days and events under the auspices of the European Cooperation Day.
In Ukraine the following events will be held:
- Initial conference of the "Integrated network of cycling routes along the Ukrainian-Hungarian border" project in Uzhgorod (September 13, conference hall "Druzhba")
- Innovation fair for entrepreneurs in Uzhgorod (14 September)
- "Slovenian veselytsya" Festival of Slovak folk dances and songs in the regional musical drama theater, Uzhgorod (September 16)
- "European Mobility Week" in Mukachevo
- Open Day at the Mukachevo castle associated with "European Mobility Week" (20 September)
- Open Day at the Basin management of water resources of the Tisza river to present cross-border projects, Uzhhorod (September 20)
The campaign is coordinated by INTERACT Programme funded by the European Commission, the Committee of the Regions and the European Parliament - organizers informed, and reported that the details and locations of the events can be found on www.ecday.eu, and www.huskroua-cbc.net.