In Transcarpathia the first mushroom poisoning has been recorded

17 October 2012 13:40  6122706 023242
In Transcarpathia the first mushroom poisoning has been recorded

October 16 at 17:40 Khust rescuers received from the local sanitary epidemiological station the information that at 01.00 AM to the admissions department of the medical institution a 69-year-old resident of the village of Krainykovo in Khust district had been delivered, with symptoms of food poisoning.

 According to the victim, the day before (October 15 and 16 in the morning), he had eaten some mushrooms, boiled and fried in cream. The man had picked russula and orange-cap boletuses in the forest near his village. At about 12:00 o'clock the men felt first clinical symptoms of poisoning.

 Currently, the villager is hospitalized in Khust District Hospital in a state of moderate severity.

 The final cause of the poisoning will be clarified after appropriate research.

 As the regional epidemioligists reported, no case of mushroom poisoning had been recorded in the region until this one. However, during the same period last year there were three such cases when five people were poisoned. Fortunately there were no fatalities.

 Territorial Directorate of MOE in Transcarpathian region once again warns people to be very careful when picking and eating mushrooms. Pick only those mushrooms which you are sure are edible. 

Do not believe that the poison can be removed from mushrooms after boiling for several hours - this is a false statement.

If you have symptoms of mushroom poisoning, seek immediate medical help - reported TD of MOE in Transcarpathian region.

Read also

Post comment

Users posting offensive comments as to other participants of discussion will be banned by moderator without prior warning or explanation. The information related to these users may be provided to law enforcement authorities upon relevant request.Links and advertising messages are prohibited in the comments!

No comments