Fried's Palace will be repaired? (Photo)
The house on Petofi Square, where, in particular, the "Eurotech" is situated, is still being repaired: today in the morning near the building there was a dozen bags of debris.
This truly a special building has historical name "Fried's Palace" - one of the most beautiful private houses in the city was built in 1910 by Fried Ignaz. The building belonged to the Jewish community. During World War II, it was the regional headquarters of the Gestapo, and in the postwar period - the KGB office.
Undoubtedly, this building is a valuable city site. But neither beauty nor history has saved the Palace from distortion - the walls of the building have long been turned, here and there patched with tiles; the woodwork on the first floor is also missing - they put shop windows there.
For some time the rumors have been circulating in the city about the intention of repairing this landmark on Petofi Square. They say that the owners intend to cover the walls of the palace with facing, using modern materials. However, the department of architecture and urban planning reported that there are no projects agreed or permits issued for such work.
So what is going on now? Repair works in the basement continue (the permit has been issued).From unofficial sources uzhgorod.in, however, received the confirmation of the threat to "refresh" the building appearance, allegedly using a cladding material, similar to that recently used on the building at Koryatovich, 7, which completely distorted the facade.
In any case, uzhgorod.in will be following the fate of the Fried's Palace. Along with all the townspeople we hope that the owners will have enough common sense not to spoil the building and consult with experts on the future repair, agreeing the works with the relevant services.
18 September 2012 17:09
Будем ездить любоваться архитектурой в Черновцы.Ужгород давно убили,нет того старинного города,нечего здесь туристам смотреть.
АНДРІЇВ в підвалі ресторан відкриває.От і мусор виносить в мішках.