Due to faulty extension cord an apartment in Mukachevo almost burned down

28 November 2012 16:30  4325387 025944
Due to faulty extension cord an apartment in Mukachevo almost burned down

November 28 at 11:30 am the rescue services of Transcarpathia received the information that in Mukachevo on Pravoslavna Naberezhna street in an apartment house there is a thick smoke in apartments of local residents.
 Within minutes two units of the state fire and rescue station number 17 arrived at the place of call. It was found that the center of the fire was an apartment on the fifth floor. Since at the time of fire the owner was not at home, the rescuers had to open the door themselves. Due to operational and coordinated efforts of the firefighters, the apartment and property worth 50 thousand hryvnias was saved from destruction. However, in the room where there was a fire, the flame still managed to damage the door, a bed, a chair and other household items. 
The amount of loss caused by the fire is being established. As for the cause of the fire, most likely it was a short circuit in extension cord.
 In addition, a 67-year-old man and his 30-year-old son were evacuated from the neighboring apartment - informed TD of MOE in Transcarpathian region.

Due to faulty extension cord an apartment in Mukachevo almost burned down (4-33)
Tags: apartment, fire, MOE

Read also

Post comment

Users posting offensive comments as to other participants of discussion will be banned by moderator without prior warning or explanation. The information related to these users may be provided to law enforcement authorities upon relevant request.Links and advertising messages are prohibited in the comments!

No comments
]]>