Chop customs office is ready once again to send more than one billion hryvnia to the State Treasury
- Mr. Olexander, what stands behind the expression ‘customs is economic gates of the state’?
- Customs passed a significant reform currently. Thanks to the new Customs Code, the international norms and standards for native customs were the maximum adapted and the expedited customs procedures were simplified. For several decades the continuous monitoring on the borders with three EU countries - Slovakia, Hungary and Romania - Chop Customs office proved its necessity and indispensability. And its employees demonstrated the highest professionalism. Today result of the customs officers work is objectively determined in the stability of budget revenues. And this amount is not small - more than one hundred million hryvnia per month. Also - tons of issued cargoes, thousands of customs regulations’ violations were identified and was held an uncompromised fight against smuggling.
Thanks to the established partnerships with business representatives, customs successfully performs financial indicators of the customs duties’ transfer and charges. Thus, for the incomplete 6 months of this year, Customs office has already transferred to the state budget more than 670 million hryvnia, from which 560 are directed to the regional budget. By the end of the year the Transcarpathian treasury will receive from Chop customs more than one billion hryvnia.
- How does information exchange with your colleagues, the representatives of other states, work? How quickly are issues that can happen, even every day, solved?
- I must admit that in today's dynamic and globalized world, in front of customs services of the Member States of the World Customs Organization, which includes and Ukraine – are raised important issues. First of all, to promote trade by defending their country and citizens from dangerous goods.
Chop customs, thanks to really close cooperation with colleagues in Slovakia, Hungary and Romania, promotes the rapid passage of goods, strongly fights against smuggling and other customs rules violations, tolerantly and professionally conducts customs control on the crossing of the border.
Information exchange is carried out practically every day and to the extent of acute need - in any time. The negotiations with our foreign colleagues conduct a few times a month and quickly find understanding.
- The State Customs Service recently implemented a pilot project of the electronic declaration. What does it give to business representatives, in particular, enterprises with foreign investments?
- This allows to use information technologies on more qualitative new level, provides the introduction of electronic document circulation between the customs authorities and the trade community by using digital signature mechanism.
Its purpose is to minimize the human factor during the customs clearance and remove corruption component from the customs officials’ side. These measures will lead to an increase in the trade turnover and the creation of transit attractiveness through the territory of Ukraine.
- Were there complaints from the fans, who went to the football matches in Ukraine through the Transcarpathian transitions? Because, the foreigners form the first impressions about our country exactly during the border crossing...
- Working meetings with the neighboring states’ colleagues gave the corresponding result: guests and fans, and there were over a thousand of them, felt a comfortable crossing, there were no queues and fast customs and border control. There were no complaints on the work of customs officers.
- Thank you for the interview. We wish you and your colleagues good luck.
25 June 2018 11:55
1 October 2016 14:33