Fire smoke from the landfill site covered Transcarpathian Beregovo (VIDEO)
Beregovo once again got covered with black smoke from a fire at the local landfill site. Beregovo citizens complain that it was impossible to go outside or open the window in the house in the evening.
According to the residents of Beregovo, it reminded an environmental disaster. The district, which is located a hundred meters away from the landfill, was affected first. Soon, black smoke reached the city center.
According to the information given by the Ministry of Emergency in Transcarpathian region, 15 pieces of equipment and 58 people from ME personnel are working on putting out the fire on the territory of 4.5 ha. The cause of fire is being determined.
However, there are rumours among the locals that toxic waste "premix", which had been brought to Beregovo a few years ago, was being burnt yesterday.
The citizens are outraged, because the smoke from burning garbage is toxic and may cause various diseases including cancer.
19 February 2019 11:54
Chronicle of a Transcarpathian family: a creative couple from Beregovo made their first feature film (PHOTOS)
22 December 2018 14:46
Храм зіслання Святого духа в Мукачеві - церква з найбільшим в Україні вітражним зображенням Таємної вечері
18 March 2019 16:28
10 March 2019 19:14
6 March 2019 20:44