"Cigarette" smugglers used the World War II military tunnel?
The tunnel which was dug by smugglers under the Ukrainian border may be a part of the fortifications left from the Second World War.
A 600-meter tunnel, which was found by the Slovak Police, was dug not only by smugglers. It is possible that the tunnel is a part of the historic military fortification which was made within Uzhgorod during World War II.
The comment of a famous historian, the head of the department of tourism in UzhNU Fedor Shandor, who developed a military tourist route within Transcarpathian region.
"Within the neighborhood Chervenitsa (Zaporozhskaya street and Uzhgorod airport) the construction of strategic communications for military purposes was held from 1928 to 1944. Thus, according to Czech historians, who are interested in militarism, on the territory of Uzhgorod airport there are 8 longitudinal points for airport security. A Czech 20-30-year-old soldier could pass through these military communications with an M-37 machine gun, which the Czechoslovak Army was armed with, - says Shandor Fedor. - As you know, these two points are located in Uzhgorod DOSAAF, the location of other six is unknown. In the period from 1940 to 1944, within the Arpad’s system, Romanian and Serbian war prisoners dug a wooden and ground fire points in the neighborhood Chervenitsa, which manifest themselves from time to time during heavy rains or household repairs. We also know that within Uzhgorod airport, during the period from February to August 1944, Hungarian soldiers built a communications line to store ammunition. The entrance to this store was blown up in October 1944. This information is supported by the Hungarian historians, describing all four military lines, which were built in Transcarpathian region. Therefore, it is likely that our guys could have accidentally stumbled on military communications of the period of Czechoslovak Republic and Hungary of 1939-44".
20 July 2012 08:55
Катерина Суслова: Шлях від каплиці до монастиря або історія Малоберезнянського монастиря Святого Миколая
25 October 2020 16:01
13 September 2020 20:23