We celebrate, they work, or which Transcarpathians work on the New Year's Eve
Rescue workers, police officers, customs officers, border guards and emergency department doctors protect all the citizens of the country around the clock. Store sellers, pharmacists and taxi drivers also provide comfortable life for city residents every day. The "Zamok" asked how they cope with their work at a time when all the people are celebrating.
Head of the Operational Coordination Center of the Territorial Directorate of the MOE in Transcarpathian region, Oleksandr Padyak:
- I became a rescuer in 2003, and have been working in fire protection since 1995. During this time, I have been on duty on the New Year's Eve at least five times.
Overall, the night of January 1 usually does not pass quietly. Occasionally fire breaks out in the region. Sometimes, three minutes before midnight we had to extinguish fire in apartments, burning cars, warehouses.
My family is already used to my absence on holidays. We took an oath, and therefore must fulfill our duties.
Deputy chief physician of the Uzhgorod ambulance station Angela Baki:
- I have been working in emergency for 14 years. During this time, two times I have been on duty during the New Year holidays. Usually there are not a lot of calls on the New Year's night, mostly about injuries, accidents. The family understand that someone must work on holidays. The city can not go without medical care.
Machinist of the electric train Oleksiy Devezenko:
- I have been working on the railroad for ten years now, but only once I had to meet the January 1 on the road. Actually, nothing interesting happened. At 12 o'clock, me and colleague congratulated each other (the midnight caught us near the station "Batyovo") and continued to work. In general, the railroad workers have no special traditions of the New Year celebration at work.
Ludmila, pharmacist of an around the clock pharmacy:
- During holidays we sell more drugs than on working days. Mostly people come in the morning.They buy mostly medicines for indigestion and hangover remedies. Because many people consume a lot of caloric and not very healthy food and drink a lot of different drinks. They buy activated carbon in bundles, because food poisoning is not uncommon.
Operational duty officer of Uzhgorod Police Department Miroslav Peresolyak:
- My office in the Internal Affairs has now reached twelve years. During this time I have been on duty of New Year 5 times. I can say that in general the situation in Uzhgorod on holidays is quite calm, because public order is protected by most of the personnel department. Therefore, I do not remember any high-profile events at this time.
Olesya, seller of a convenience store:
- Last year for the first time I had to work on New Year's Eve. Then I was not yet married, so no one objected. Now my husband does not agree, he says that a wife on holidays should be by her spouse's side.
On holidays people by champagne, cognac, vodka and some snacks.
Моя семья уже привыкла... Яка семья вун три раз розведений
Александр Падяк - знатний оноківський алкоголік.Рік або два тому пяний на новорічні свята поламав ноги.
20 May 2018 21:09
8 May 2018 13:46