On the eve of St. Nicholas Day: "I wished health for the whole family"
On the eve of St. Nicholas Day uzhgorod.in asked kids what they know of Wonderworker and what gifts they expect from him.
Angelina, 9 years old:
- St. Nicholas is a man who brings gifts to children, gives them happiness.
This year I have written a letter to St. Nicholas, but have not yet sent it. Tonight I will put it on a window sill. I asked for sweets and a toy. And I also wished that when I grow up I could go to various concerts because I love music and I go to art school. I would like to go to the concert of Ani Lorak the most.
Andriy, 8 years old:
St. Nicholas is a holy spirit. Every day when I go to sleep, I pray and ask St. Nicholas to bring me gifts.
Mykhailyna, 9 years old:
- He is old, with a beard, in a white cap and blue coat.
I know that St. Nicholas was once a little boy. His parents died when he was very young. They left him the property, which he gave to the poor. And he took with him a bag in which he put food, money, toys, and started giving out everything to the people. And when he died, he asked God to let him come to the children. Then God told him that one day in the year will be named after him. Since then St. Nicholas have been giving gifts to children.
I wrote a letter in which I asked St. Nicholas for many sweets!
Sasha, 9 years old:
- St. Nicholas is a magician who brings presents to obedient children - under the pillow, or in the boots.
Children prepare very carefully for his arrival. I asked for health for the whole family and some things our family needs. I did not ask for gifts, he always knows himself what I want.
Igor, 9 years old:
- St. Nicholas is this uncle who can do everything. I believe in this. He has a red coat and a cap with a cross. He carries a bag with presents.
Six days before the holiday I write a letter and put it in the boot. I ask for happiness, health and toys.
Angelina, 7 years old:
- St. Nicholas is a holy spirit. He brings gifts to obedient children.
Before his arrival I put a boot on the windowsill. I do not write letters because he knows better what to give me.
Misha, 10 years old:
- St. Nicholas is a holy man. Once he was a boy, whose parents died when he was young. Since then, every night he took a bag of different things and distributed them to poor children.
After he died, he received a blessing from God and since that time every night from 18 to 19 December, he he has been bringing gifts to the children.
Before his arrival I write a letter that I leave on the windowsill. This year I asked St. Nicholas for atlas of animals.
Katya, 8 years old:
- St. Nicholas is a holy spirit. He looks more like a priest, but he rides with a bag of gifts on sledge with deers.
This year I wrote to St. Nicholas for the first time, and in previous years he brought me what I wanted. He knows everything, because he watches us from heaven.
Children from Slovakia will be caroling in the atrium of the Transcarpathian Regional State Administration (Announcement)
8 January 2019 09:54
2 January 2019 16:50