In Uzhgorod multistory building there was a gas explosion

14 December 2012 11:59  12926257 026828
In Uzhgorod multistory building there was a gas explosion

In the evening the police department received information about the fire in an apartment on Hrushevsky st. in Uzhgorod. The operative team left for the scene.

As it turned out, in the apartment on the fourth floor of a five-storey building there was an explosion of the gas heater which caused the fire. The fire destroyed furniture and appliances in the kitchen. At the time of the fire a mother and her 9-year old daughter were in the apartment.

During firefighting the police evacuated nine tenants, the whole house was disconnected from the electricity, and one apartment block - from gas supply. Fortunately there were no casualties. The circumstances of the accident are being established - informed the Office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine in Transcarpathian region.

Tags: gas explosion, fire, multistory

Read also

Post comment

Users posting offensive comments as to other participants of discussion will be banned by moderator without prior warning or explanation. The information related to these users may be provided to law enforcement authorities upon relevant request.Links and advertising messages are prohibited in the comments!

No comments