In Uzhgorod, rescuers extinguished a fire in an apartment of a high-rise, two people were rescued

Yesterday at 2:55, the Rescue Service "101" was reported about a fire on Zankovetska street in Uzhgorod. The fire started in an apartment on the second floor of a nine-storey house.

Two crews of firefighters and a ladder of the 14th State Fire and Rescue Unit consisting of 11 firefighters and three units of special equipment were sent at the scene.  

Upon arrival of the firefighters, the apartment was filled with thick smoke. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatuses immediately began inspection and extinguishi the fire. First, they took the 84-year-old owner of the apartment outside.

Because of thick smoke, the elderly woman could not get out of the fiery trap on her own. Meanwhile, firefighters carried the 63-year-old son of the owner, who was bedridden due to illness.

The victims inhaled a lot of smoke, and later doctors of Uzhgorod central city hospital diagnosed them with carbon monoxide poisoning. Their lives now are not in danger.

At 3:14, Uzhgorod firefighters localized the fire, and three minutes later completely eliminated it.

The final cause and the amount of loss is to be established. The fire was likely the result of negligence while smoking in bed.

Office of the State Emergencies Service of Ukraine in Transcarpathian region

Будьте першим, додайте коментар!

Залишити відгук