In Perechyn district, children almost burned down because of the carelessness of their parents

The Perechyn police are establishing the circumstances of the incident in Perechyn district which resullted in a child getting injured.

This was reported by the Communication Department of the Transcarpathian Regional Police.

Yesterday, January 18, about 22:00, an employee of the Perechyn district hospital reported to the police that a child with burns had been delivered to the hospital.

The investigative team, that arrived at the scene of the incident, found out that the child suffered burns of a leg and arm because a piece of foamed ceiling had caught fire from heating device and fallen on him.
The police found out that a 51-year-old resident of the village of Svalyavka had left the youngest, 1-year-old son with his 8-year-old brother and their little sister and gone out to the yard. There were three children in the room, the oldest one was eight years old.

The children were saved by a 25-year-old neighbor, who was walking down the street when the ceiling began to burn. The man took the children out and called an ambulance.
The youngest boy, after getting emergency medical care, was hospitalized to the intensive care unit of the regional children’s hospital in the city of Mukachevo. His condition is now stable. The life of the child is not danger. Other children were not injured.

The police began an investigation into the matter. Law enforcers are establishing who was responsible for the accident.
At present, investigators of the Perechyn Police Department have opened criminal proceeding under Part 1 of Article 166 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine (Neglect of a child or a person under guardianship). The sanction of the article provides for punishment in the form of restraint of liberty for a term of two to five years or imprisonment for the same term.

Будьте першим, додайте коментар!

Залишити відгук

Ваша електронна адреса не буде опублікована.


*