At night, around 01.30, Mukachevo city police department received a report of a fire that had occurred in the parking lot in Mukachevo. As law enforcement officers found out, the fire broke out due to the inflammation of a car "Volkswagen Passat" made in 1998.
Firefighters together with the policemen arrived at the scene. The fire destroyed the engine compartment of the vehicle. The preliminary probable cause of the fire is a short-circuit in the wiring.
This incident was registered in the Unified register of pre-trial investigations. Investigators of the city police arranged for a number of fire and technical expertise. Experts are establishing the cause of the fire – Natalia Mashiko, Mukachevo City Police reported.