Mykola Oros from Uzhgorod: "We make the Universe Ukrainian. Though it looks like we just play games"
The story of how a team of young enthusiasts, who love video games and Ukrainian language, forms true Ukrainians, engaging world stars in the process.
- We are the web-portal playua.net. Our usual activities are game journalism. We write articles about games, create and voice game review videos. But we also like to Ukrainianize universe. Currently, the gaming one, but who knows... :)
- Well, for a start, tell us something that will surprise those versed in video games. And then, we will dive deeper.
- For example, we have created an official Ukrainian localization (localization in the gaming industry is translation and voicing - Ed.) of the game "Bastion", the film "Indie Game: The Movie". Soon our localization of the famous games "Metro 2033" and "Metro: Ray of Hope" will be released. And we hope that one day Ukrainian language games will be released. And we really want to take part in it.
- Okay. Why would Transcarpathians be interested in our conversation?
- Because people, who play games, are everywhere. And in our region, there are not less of them than anywhere else in the world. And Transcarpathia is Ukraine too. And currently, there is not enough Ukrainian game content. Not to mention, that there is not a single printed gaming publication in Ukrainian.
- I know that your team includes high class specialists, professionally engaged in translation into and voicing in Ukrainian. Tell us about them!
- At least two members of the "Playua" team are people, whose main job is professional voicing of various video content for Russian and Ukrainian websites. They voice everything: from interactive presentations, tutorials and series to feature animated cartoons and movies. Those are Oleksa Melnyk from Kolomyia and Andriy Korzachenko from Kyiv.
- This is their main job?
- And yours?
- Well, you know that... Oh, for readers? I am a member of the team of consultants for players who play online games. Global and populated with thousands of players. There are always lots of people from all over the world in the game and they occasionally need some advice or solution of some game issues. We are doing the project "Playua" on pure enthusiasm.
- So how many people are in the permanent team?
- The core is 10-12 people.And sometimes we engage "guests" in the project. From those, who just want to write an article or a review of a game, that has fascinated them as players, and up to professional artists and even international celebrities. One of our vidoes, for example, was voiced by famous musician Hennadiy Donetsky (the frontman of the band "4ysla"). And he was happy to do that.Here is a video by the way:
In our history there have been really famouse people that participated in the project and that makes us very proud.
- How long have you been around?
- Overall, about three years. But we became really active when we were joined by the current editor in chief Oleksa Melnyk, who inspires and motivates everyone to work, and is the real driving force. We all understand that today in Ukraine there is a lot of content in Russian and very little - in Ukrainian. Not just game content, but in general... So we correct this balance as we can. Our motto used to be "Ukrainianization of the Universe." And the fervor of this idea is such that not only we make no money, but we even invest our own money into the project. Maintenance of the portal is not cheap. Not to mention writing, voicing, etc... And we also organize contests for our visitors with real prizes.
- Why do you think the end product of many publishers is so deprived of Ukrainian language?
- The reason is always the same. "They will understand anyway." Russian language also covers audiences in Russia, Belarus and some other countries of the former Soviet Union. And Ukrainian language narrows down the audience very much, but it forms it. And for that, we do a lot of linguistic work.
- What can you add from yourself at the end of this conversation?
- We are constantly looking for enterprising people. As I said, the project is now a non-profit one, so we cannot pay remuneration. But we give video game fans an opportunity to grow creatively. Anyone who has ideas and knows how to implement them is welcomed. If you have ideas, but do not know how to implement them - we may help you. For example, if anyone can write, but can not voice - we will voice their texts.
Certainly we kindly invite to our portal at «Playua.net».
Please also see our channel at Youtube:
2 Ігор: Зен, якщо тебе забанили на Плей-юей за потік негативу і дурні коментарі через заздрість і твій характер, то це не значить, що тебе не можуть забанити по айпі і на інших сайтах, принаймні, за наклеп. :)))
За такі от статті, треба бите декому обличчя, за цю фееричну наглість. Але як завжди,ПлейЮа не має ніяких рамок порядності чи здорового глузду. І друкує все, что тільки собі надумає.
Молодець! Не знав про людей з Ужгорода, які працюють на ПлейЮА, давно вже дивлюся!
2 коментарі, один хороший другий не дуже, баланс встановлено.
Но розумію вас, краще би пішли в армію захищати нас чим дома гралися в дитячі іграшкі! Ганьба! По країні ходять окупанти а ви граєтесь! Ніякі ви не молодці! Ледарі!
Просто чарівно! Молодці! Так тримати! :) Всі геймери України з вами! )
9 December 2020 18:55
9 December 2020 17:13
9 December 2020 17:01
Transcarpathian tax authorities revealed the fact of selling elite alcohol without stamps and licenses
9 December 2020 16:22
29 November 2019 12:24
Innocent Nevitsky snowdrop castle, erected “on maiden’s blood and breast milk”, was almost sold for stones per cubic meters
17 March 2019 14:41
14 February 2019 10:48
10 February 2019 16:35