Speedminton: cheaper than tennis, funnier than badminton
Supporters of very interesting and quite exotic for our region kind of sport - speedminton (speed badminton) competed in the sports complex ‘Yunist’. Oleksiy Pylypov - a member of the team ‘Salamander’, who is the organizer of the respectable international tournament in Uzhgorod will tell us what it is.
- First of all, what is speedminton?
- It's a sort of fast badminton. However, the game is more similar to a mixture of tennis, squash and badminton.
- What should we do so that the speedminton was recognized as a separate type of sport and was registered as the federation? When will it happen?
- More than a half of regions of the country should cultivate this type of sport. But currently only a couple of cities have the relevant clubs. However, I have to say that this is a very interesting sport that is being developed dynamically. It's more easily accessible than tennis, where you need high quality court and net. Accordingly, it is cheaper.
- What are rules of the game and size of a play field?
- The rules are simple. The play field for professional game should be a little bit more than 22 meters: a neutral zone - 12 meters 8 centimeters. The task: a shuttlecock should fall on the opponent's territory of play field. There is no net. The winner of the match is the one who wins 2 sets and scores up to 16 points. There is a special racket for the play in speedminton that can be booked online.
- Tell us about the competition that was held in Uzhgorod last weekend.
- This is the largest international competition on the post-Soviet territory. They are listed in the international ratings. This year's tournament gathered together sportsmen from 7 countries. Overall - 57 participants. It is very good that we have such a sports complex ‘Yunist’ because the main hall can be divided into seven courts for speedbadminton.
- What are results of the game?
- We played very good: 4 medals won Transcarpathian dwellers and one got the player from Dnipropetrovsk. The gold one won Kostyantyn Onofriychuk (Dnepropetrovsk) in the category of veterans (+40). Polonchuk Eduard became the second in the category 'children under 18 years'. Stepan Sofilkanych took the third place in the category ‘up to 14’. Mykhaylo Mandryk won bronze in the most competitive, ‘opened’ category . Olexander Tsyukalo from Uzhgorod became the third in the category among the veterans ‘+50’ .
- Tell us about your plans for the future? Will Ukrainian players visit European tournaments?
- Uzhgorod is one of the best players of the country therefore it is naturally that they will go to Europe. But the competition is at significantly higher level there. By the way, we are looking for volunteers and sponsors - we will be glad to any help. In addition, it is planned to conduct competition in the sports complex ‘Yunist’ in December.
Старше 40 и старше 50 - не ветераны. Это категории такие.
20 May 2018 11:21
19 May 2018 18:40
Bright and atmospheric. The Museums Day in the Uzhhorod castle is celebrated with dances and knight fights (PHOTO-REPORT)
19 May 2018 18:00
19 May 2018 17:41
13 May 2018 19:31
16 April 2018 20:51
23 March 2018 22:24
"Transcarpathian wine": the largest producer of the region invites to create a quality brand of the region together
9 March 2018 09:19