On March 17 Mukachevo will wear green - in honor of St. Patrick
The Irish national holiday - St. Patrick's Day - is celebrated annually on March 17, the day of the death of the patron saint of Ireland, St. Patrick's (about 385-461 BC). This day symbolizes the acceptance of Christianity in Ireland. Celebrations on the St. Patrick's Day typically include parades and festivals, dance performance and wearing green clothes or shamrocks.
In Mukachevo, on March 17, the parade participants wearing green clothes will:
- march the streets with songs and music;
- learn to dance Irish dance;
- honor the Celtic smith near the bridge over the Latorytsia river;
- visit beer pubs in the town and taste some beers varieties;
- learn about the origin of the beer varieties that they will be tasting.
During the event, the participants of St. Patrick's Day parade will have a chance to win a barrel of beer (5 liters).
To participate in the raffle one has to:
- share the event;
- like the Tourist Information Centre of Mukachevo.
- come to the parade wearing thematic green clothes with symbols of St. Patrick.
The winner will be publicly determined at the finish using random.org
Innocent Nevitsky snowdrop castle, erected “on maiden’s blood and breast milk”, was almost sold for stones per cubic meters
17 March 2019 14:41
14 February 2019 10:48
10 February 2019 16:35
8 February 2019 19:31
Современный альтруизм ужгородского школьника. Или: как старшекласник готовит школьников к ЗНО по английскому языку
1 April 2019 13:51